Monday 11 November 2013

Murk

I could not find the chorizo in the fridge this morning. I stood at the fridge door for a moment feeling puzzled before removing the turkey mince which I fried and ate with two eggs. I recall putting a small lump of chorizo back in the fridge but was that yesterday? I could not say for certain but I think it was, just before the 13 miles cliff path run. I am certain that I never thought, that's all the chorizo gone then, at any point this week. This means either my wife has eaten it or it is behind something in the fridge. I will look properly tomorrow. Of the two eggs one had a much thinner shell and it instantly exploded on impact with the side of the pan but somehow no shell went into the mince. The second egg had a very hard shell and took three whacks. Amazing how two seemingly identical things could be so very different. I doubt they came from the same hen and although the jug on my coffee machine claimed to contain enough coffee for six cups in reality it was more like two and a half.

Today I did not go running. I did not. It is the first day in many weeks that I have not gone running but in my defence it has been drizzling constantly all day. The thought of running in the drizzle only began to appeal at 4pm but by then it was already growing dark. I will make up for today by running hard tomorrow although the weather forecast is for more drizzle. If that is the case I will go on the treadmill and do some repeats. I dislike drizzle with a passion. It really is the most stupid of rain.

My new Gore-Tex trainers arrived just after lunch of bacon and cheese and beetroot. 'Asics Gel Lahar 5' I believe they are called. I imagine a Lahar is a desert because it's a bit like Sahara. I had ordered them online from the North East as I was sent a 10% off coupon in an email. I put them on immediately and then walked through puddles on the way to collect the children. The children liked my new shows which have bright green trim.

As the children ate their supper I stood over them, one hand braced against the wall and I did 25 knee raises. The children laughed but I gazed past them, out into the murk. I then turned and did the other leg. I hoped Jacob would not eat all of his sausages but he did. I am having pork in a dashi broth for tea. Before that I will do 25 more knee raises with each leg and perhaps some sit-ups. No, I won't do any sit-ups as they hurt my coccyx.

No comments:

Post a Comment